POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Licensing, Ethics, Open Source and Philosophy : Re: Licensing, Ethics, Open Source and Philosophy Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:21:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Licensing, Ethics, Open Source and Philosophy
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 16 Jul 2008 05:28:56
Message: <487dbf58$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas George wrote:
> Thorsten Froehlich  wrote in message <487cac23@news.povray.org>:
>> Except that it is available.
>
> It is _now_. Alexandre's post was in the past tense.
>
> The source code for the beta release, as far as I can see, has been
> available since 2008-02-18, which is somewhat about three years after the
> first binaries.

And how many contributions have there been in the past five months? - Ah,
yes, thousands and I missed them all :-(

So I can show that there have been no major contributions in five months,
and you can show nothing about the past three years. My argument is based on
facts, your argument is pure speculation. - Hmm, I guess I have the better
argument after all. And believe me, I would be quite a bit happier if I
didn't have such a strong argument...

	Thorsten