POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Astonishment : Re: Astonishment Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:17:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Astonishment
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 15 Jul 2008 14:05:40
Message: <487ce6f4$1@news.povray.org>
>> A NASA rocket exploding is something like an M$ product having a severe
>> security vulnerability.
>
> NO, it isn't.  People haven't died because of MS security vulnerabilities.

Yes, but that's because nothing M$ makes is *capable* of killing anybody
[directly]. So a security flaw is about the most serious malfunction it
*is* capable of. :-P

>> So far, NASA has had, what, 2 major incidents like this? In its entire
>> history?
>
> Three that caused fatalities.

I was almost right. :-D

Either way, the number of severe security issues from M$ dwarfs this
number by any reasonably reconing.

> Now, if you count the rockets that were unmanned that blew up, there were
> a fairly significant number of very spectacular failures.  Find a copy of
> "When We Left Earth:  The NASA Missions" to see some archive footage.

Isn't that like counting the number of bugs M$ had *and fixed* before
"launching the product"?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/