POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bug reports group : Re: Bug reports group Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:18:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug reports group
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 15 Jul 2008 07:10:09
Message: <487c8591$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

> Chris Cason wrote:
>
>>Messages do go to a moderator.
>
> I believe the question is: is that moderator still moderating or did he
> forget to read his inbox for the past month? :)

And also what happens after reading it. Would the poster usually
be notified if the moderator decides against posting? Otherwise
it feels a bit like a black hole. I remember submitting some
problem last year and never hearing about it again.

I see only four bugs posted for the last two years, so even
taking into account POV's high standard of quality I think
that can't quite reflect the real state of affairs ;)

Of course, it's all voluntary on free time so I don't
complain, but it doesn't really encourage bug reporting
which developers usually depend on.