POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : vr technology question : Re: vr technology question Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:23:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: vr technology question
From: scott
Date: 15 Jul 2008 03:19:44
Message: <487c4f90$1@news.povray.org>
> That's encouraging, thanks.  I think I'm going to give it a shot.

Cool, whether you choose OpenGL or DirectX, there is a huge amount of
resource on the web to help get you started.  I don't have any recent
experience with OpenGL, but DirectX has a lot of documentation included in
the download, with lots of tutorials and sample projects.

Both OpenGL and DirectX work with 4x4 matrices for everything, so in the end
your camera is represented by a 4x4 matrix.  If you're good at maths you can
program these 16 values directly in your code (as I believe you can in POV
as well), but of course there are built-in functions for creating these
matrices automatically.  The parameters they take are similar to the ones
you use in the POV camera block.