POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Need for speed : Re: Need for speed Server Time
8 Sep 2024 15:18:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need for speed
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 13 Jul 2008 16:51:46
Message: <487a6ae2$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:

> FYI we are talking about the Apple II without which the whole concept of
> a personal computer that anyone could buy would not have existed. OK
> another computer would have done it a few years later, but that is not
> the point.

OOC, when did this happen? I have a sneaking suspicion it might have
been before I was born...

> It feels a bit like someone working with genetic material everyday and
> then say: 'Mendel, never heard of that guy, or was it a girl?'.

Still not seeing why it's important for such a person to have heard of
Mendel...

I mean, hell, I use electricity every single day. I have *no clue* who
figured out that it exists though... why is that a problem?

> Anyway,
> if we compiled a list of entertaining books about the history of
> computers and surrounding science is there any change you'd read them?

Um... I'm going to walk round the Science Museum tomorrow? Does that count?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/