POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Need for speed : Re: Ah, history Server Time
8 Sep 2024 05:16:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ah, history
From: andrel
Date: 15 Jul 2008 15:26:55
Message: <487CFA38.6030306@hotmail.com>
On 15-Jul-08 21:05, Eero Ahonen wrote:
> Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>
>> ...OK, WHERE the HELL do you buy something that has 128 CPUs in it??
>> O_O This information surely has a most direct relevance to all who
>> worship POV-Ray...!
>>

> http://www.sgi.com/products/servers/altix/4000/

I might have posted this before, but the Mark Potse in this press
release:
http://www.sgi.com/company_info/newsroom/press_releases/2008/january/udm.html
was a PhD student of mine and when he is in the Netherlands we share a
room at work.

I did try to find a way to get SGI interested in getting POV compiled on
that Altix, I did not succeed yet. Perhaps I try again, this time with
the pretext that in a meeting in Munich next year I will organize a
track on Art and Scientific Visualization. BTW anyone working in science
here is invited to join that, I will do a formal announcement when I
have more details.