POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Need for speed : Re: Need for speed Server Time
8 Sep 2024 11:20:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need for speed
From: andrel
Date: 14 Jul 2008 15:34:19
Message: <487BAA74.5010108@hotmail.com>
On 14-Jul-08 21:02, Warp wrote:
> andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

>>> There's no use in trying to convince him that Apple computers are or have
>>> ever been popular anywhere. He will never believe it, no matter how much
>>> evidence you pour to him.

>> No, he has vaguely heard of them, but it was before his time. While we
>> take an active interest in what happens in this world and how that came
>> about, he doesn't. I didn't believe it possible, until I met Andrew. Now
>> I have to admit that continuously living in the present is just as valid
>> and consistent as my way of life. You just have to remember when talking
>> to him that he has this strange behaviour.

>   Well, Apple computers being rather popular in some places *today* is
> the present.

I don't think Apple ][ computers are much used anymore and that is the
one he was not familiar enough with to know which processor that used.
As I said above that is probably because they were already outdated when
he started using computers. I think there is absolutely no reason to
assume he dislikes them. So to be honest I don't see why you react this
way (I refer to the 3 lines above that I reincluded).