POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Need for speed : Re: Need for speed Server Time
8 Sep 2024 17:20:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need for speed
From: andrel
Date: 13 Jul 2008 16:38:45
Message: <487A680D.8080000@hotmail.com>
On 13-Jul-08 22:17, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> andrel wrote:
>
>> Most people here might have consulted wikipedia or similar before
>> posting. Then again you wouldn't be our mascot if you did. You are
>> really good at mascotting you know. ;)
>
> Well if somebody says there was one, I guess there probably was one. I
> was more interjecting with surprise than actually denying the fact. ;-)

FYI we are talking about the Apple II without which the whole concept of
a personal computer that anyone could buy would not have existed. OK
another computer would have done it a few years later, but that is not
the point.

It feels a bit like someone working with genetic material everyday and
then say: 'Mendel, never heard of that guy, or was it a girl?'. Anyway,
if we compiled a list of entertaining books about the history of
computers and surrounding science is there any change you'd read them?
When is your birthday?