POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oi, Darren : Re: Oi, Darren Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:23:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oi, Darren
From: Darren New
Date: 11 Jul 2008 20:09:22
Message: <4877f632@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   *After* you have thrown the dart, the probability to hit the number
> the dart did hit grows to 1 (or 100%).

But is the probability that it hit any rational number (vs any
irrational number) non-zero at that point?  If you do it countably many
times, will you *ever* hit *any* rational number?

>   (I really wonder if this has any relation whatsoever to the so-called
> axiom of choice.)

That's pretty much exactly what the axiom of choice is. Given an
infinite set of sets, can you create a set by picking one element from
each subset?

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Helpful housekeeping hints: