POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dreaming : Re: Dreaming Server Time
7 Sep 2024 23:24:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dreaming
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 11 Jul 2008 14:29:08
Message: <4877a674$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:

> I think the audience also does matter - in retrospect, having an audience
> of people who teach, they know the importance of telling a speaker
> they've done a good job.

Aye, that makes sense.

> With a general audience, no feedback is generally considered a good
> thing, because *most* people will tend to say something only if they're
> unhappy.

No news is good news? ;-)

>> The *best* thing about performing Shakespear live is... the audience is
>> asleep anyway! ;-)
>
> There is also that possibility, though I find usually if someone in the
> audience is put to sleep by a presentation, they'll be one of the
> complainers.  Often they will complain that you didn't cover something
> that you did - they just weren't paying attention and missed it.

I still remember Zimin Wo. (Yes, that was is actual name.) Nobody ever
listened to his lectures. People were openly using it as an excuse to
catch up on sleep after that wild all-night student partying that normal
students apparently get up to.

Ways to wake up a sleeping audience:

Lecturer: "Uh, ok, uh, so den we have ah fisicol layer, da data link
layer, an den presentashon layer..."

Guy at the back: "PRINCESS LAYER!"

Mmm, OK, I guess you had to be there... Trust me, it was damned funny! ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/