POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This year's new vintage : Re: This year's new vintage Server Time
17 May 2024 20:20:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This year's new vintage
From: Darren New
Date: 11 Jul 2008 11:32:25
Message: <48777d09$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>> I thought that the entire OS was loaded with patents precisely for the
>> purpose of preventing anybody else implementing something compatible
>> with it.
>
>   In how many countries do you think breaking an US patent is illegal?

Sufficiently rich companies file their patents in all the countries of
interest.

Of course, in most countries, you actually have to describe what you do
in the patent, and it isn't a violation of a patent if someone does the
same thing in a different way.  Sadly, the US got heads wedged between
buttocks when it comes to that too, at this point.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Helpful housekeeping hints: