POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dreaming : Re: Dreaming Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:16:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dreaming
From: Invisible
Date: 11 Jul 2008 06:04:48
Message: <48773040$1@news.povray.org>

>>> Only if you let it.
>>
>> Oh no, it *does* transform it. (It transforms it from "hey, I scored"
>> to "hey, I have a new person to talk to".) The QUESTION is how
>> important that transformation is. ;-)
>
> The difference, the only difference, is that she was honest with you
> about her life right then.
>
> A woman gives you her number does not equate to 'you scored'.

No - but a guy *mentioning* that a "hot girl" gave him her phone number
usually does. ;-)

Commedians use this effect all the time; what your audience infers from
what you tell them can be completely transformed by a single fact
mentioned or not mentioned.

> Myself, I'm stunned. You heard the 'bad breakup' bit and didn't offer
> her a shoulder to cry on?

I heard the "bad breakup" part while I was standing 50 miles away. :-P

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/