POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Licensing, Ethics, Open Source and Philosophy : Re: Licensing, Ethics, Open Source and Philosophy Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:28:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Licensing, Ethics, Open Source and Philosophy
From: Jim Charter
Date: 10 Jul 2008 19:37:36
Message: <48769d40$1@news.povray.org>
Woody wrote:

> So any ideas how I can contribute?

What Warp said. Contributing positive energy is huge.  Take a cue from
Thomas, he gives a response to almost every image posted.  I wish I
could match his pace, and I do what I can, when I can, but I feel guilty
that it could be more.

I am reminded a bit of a conversation I had with my daughter about her
HS Varsity softball team.  We were discussing the lineup and it surfaced
that there were a number of girls on the team who were seniors and
basically benchwarmers.  I commented that that's gotta be tough for
them, watching freshmen, sophmores and juniors take starting positions
while they sat.  My daughter answered that no, they were perfectly happy
with the situation, that they functioned as a cheering section, moral
support, and leadership for the first stringers.  I was incredulous.
"Cheering section?????" "NOOOO!" my daughter protested.  "They make a
huge difference!"  "When we don't have them there, we loose."