POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Complains about Vista : Re: Complains about Vista Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:17:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Complains about Vista
From: Darren New
Date: 9 Jul 2008 17:41:44
Message: <48753098$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> Oh, and just in case you think SL is going to die... You may be 100%
> right, but they are also working with IBM to design the Open Grid
> Protocol, which means that, at some point, other people will be able to
> make grids like SL, with their own content, even specifically catering
> to a very precise type of traffic, and interlink them with ever other
> grid on the net, including SL. And, if they manage to put effective
> "protections" in place for IP... You could take what ever you
> made/bought in one to any other as well.

Funny thing is, I invented something like this about 15 years ago. It
was great fun working out how to handle things like a player's "home"
server crashing when the player was wandering around on some other
server and had bought stuff.

I was a bit visionary for the time, so it never got past the
architectural design level. :-)

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Helpful housekeeping hints: