POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Complains about Vista : Re: Complains about Vista Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:12:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Complains about Vista
From: Darren New
Date: 9 Jul 2008 12:55:20
Message: <4874ed78$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> If you just wanted to remove the first and last line, wouldn't it take
> less than 90 seconds to script it? Even in the most retarded scripting
> language imaginable?

Probably not, since most of the time is spent waiting for the disk.

And yes, it would also require me knowing how many lines I wanted to
trim, etc. And, as I said, there's some combination of keep/toss
leading/trailing lines that for some reason you can't do with head and
tail under Linux. One of those two is just missing one of the "line
count" arguments, or something.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Helpful housekeeping hints: