POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Complains about Vista : Re: Complains about Vista Server Time
7 Sep 2024 21:18:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Complains about Vista
From: Chambers
Date: 8 Jul 2008 21:47:57
Message: <487418cd@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Maybe I've missed something, but what image editing software gives you
> more than 1 level of undo?

The GIMP.  It's in your price range, too :)

> I own a camcorder. It bearly produces SD quality, never mind HD! And it
> was not cheap by any stretch of the imagination. (So I'm told anyway. It
> was a gift, so I didn't actually pay for it.) The idea that you could

> seems really far-fetched to me.

Sounds like an old cam-corder.  Put it this way: 4 years ago, when I
worked at Best Buy (not the cheapest shop, mind you), you could buy an
SD camcorder for <$200 (that's about GBP130).  You could buy a really
nice HD one for $800 (GBP500 or so).

>> A quick Google revealed that in 2006 8% of homes had an HD-capable TV.
>
> That's a really tiny percentage.

That's about what Macs have, and they're not exactly rare.

> And let's not forget, you still need an HD source. Those are still
> prohibitively expensive too. (Last I heard, a BluRay player is abour

You can get a PS3 for $399 now (GBP 250), or a stand-alone player for
$200 (GBP 130).

> This suggests to me that you only need large stacks of RAM if you're
> doing professional video editing work. I mean seriously, I don't even
> *know* anybody else rich enough to afford a video camera, much less
> technically expert enough to attempt to *edit* video beyond what you can
> do with a DVD recorder...

You need to get new friends, the ones you have are affecting your
viewpoint :)

...Chambers