POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fun with cryptography : Re: Fun with cryptography Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:21:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fun with cryptography
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 8 Jul 2008 14:56:32
Message: <4873b860$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 09:00:45 +0100, Invisible wrote:

>>> UK is 30 people, HQ is about 300. Don't know about the other sites.
>>
>> That explains a lot about management's attitudes....small sites are
>> very easy to not include in planning, especially when they're 10% the
>> size of the main site.
>>
>> That also makes it more challenging to be heard.
>
> Oh, it's hard enough to make my voice heard within the UK site. The new
> UK management sees the IT guys at HQ as gods, and considers me to be
> little more than the tea boy. If I say one thing and HQ say another, I
> am always ignored. Actually, scrub that. I am always ignored. Everybody
> just assumes I don't know what I'm talking about.

Then you need to make your voice heard.  Tell the auditor "HQ won't let
me - I've tried telling them and they don't listen to me - so talk to
them" and then wait.

One of two possible outcomes:  The boss will start listening to you, or
the boss will get pissed off and sack you (which means you don't have to
do the 6 month notice thing or find your own replacement, right?) so
you're free to find something else to do.

Jim