POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Complains about Vista : Re: Complains about Vista Server Time
8 Sep 2024 01:14:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Complains about Vista
From: scott
Date: 8 Jul 2008 09:07:23
Message: <4873668b$1@news.povray.org>
> I mean, I'm sure if you're a professional digital artist, you've going to
> have some serious high-end software, and some spine-tinglingly expensive
> hardware to go with it. But normal people? They're just going to use the
> free Hyper Painter XL that comes with your camera...

Even MS Paint has 10 levels of undo.  I got PSP free with some camera ages
ago (or it's like 50 quid I think), it has configurable levels of undo, the
default seems to be "500MB of space per open image" (I just checked, never
changed it before).  You can configure it to a certain number of levels if
you want to.

> I own a camcorder. It bearly produces SD quality, never mind HD! And it
> was not cheap by any stretch of the imagination.

Yawn! How old is it?  For 800 pounds today you can buy a really decent HD
camcorder.

> BTW, any ideas about *good* DVD authoring software? My drive came with
> some freebie that works, but it doesn't work fantastically well...

I think I used ULead DVD Movie Factory before, it worked pretty seemlessly,
but I didn't exactly tax it, I just wanted to put a few .avis onto a proper
DVD with a menu so a friend could watch them.  Was really quick to use, had
some nice pre-set menu graphics to chose from, and burnt fine first time.

Yawn! You really should do a few clicks on amazon before making statements
like that.  You do realise that for 900 pounds you can get a good quality 46
inch full-HD TV!  Smaller ones are *considerably* cheaper (like less than
half that price).

> And let's not forget, you still need an HD source. Those are still

> or so. Only rich geeks need apply...)

Yawn!  Under 200 pounds now.

> much less technically expert enough to attempt to *edit* video beyond what
> you can do with a DVD recorder...

Programs like Windows Movie Maker make it pretty easy.  Judging by the
number of videos on YouTube made with it, I guess a fair number of people
worked out how to use it.