POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Complains about Vista : Re: Complains about Vista Server Time
7 Sep 2024 21:13:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Complains about Vista
From: scott
Date: 8 Jul 2008 04:06:11
Message: <48731ff3$1@news.povray.org>
> I would like to love Vista. It has new features I like: the basic UI is
> improved, account management is a lot more streamlined, the organization
> of
> system/user files and folders is better IMO. But, it is slow and hangs or
> crashes apps way too frequently. Also, I have the Vista UI on my XP
> machine
> right now as a result of amateur conversions and 'skins'.

So long as you have enough RAM, Vista seems quicker than XP.  Certinly here
at work, apps that used to take up to a minute to boot up now take *way*
less (like under 10 seconds most times).  Definitely an improvement for me.

But, I installed Vista on my home PC (only 1 gig RAM) and it was slow.  I
upgraded to 2GB and it's fine now.