POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Paraniod : Re: Paraniod Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:25:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Paraniod
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 7 Jul 2008 12:52:25
Message: <487249c9$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> Hmm, the last CD I tried to snap... wouldn't.  I ended up bending it
> back and to several times until it cracked.  Very different to the first
> CDs that seemed to shatter instantly if you bent them past 10 degrees.

DVDs tend to do that, too. If you bend them just right, you can separate
the layers without breaking the plastic.

I'll never forget one time I was pissed off at a failed burn. (Screen
saver took over, the buffer wasn't big enough to compensate; Funny,
after that I turn screen savers off when I'm burning disks) I grabbed
the disk from the tray like normal (Index finger in hole, thumb and last
finger on the edges) and squeezed hard. Stupid thing shattered, driving
a few shards into my hand ;) I learned not to take my frustrations out
on CDs in that fashion.