POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mangosteen : Mangosteen Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:21:59 EDT (-0400)
  Mangosteen
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 7 Jul 2008 08:25:08
Message: <48720b24$1@news.povray.org>
Some time ago, I mentioned that I have a penchant for trying exotic
fruits. Someone suggested I try mangosteen. But, due to a quarantine
against a certain fruit fly, they were illegal in the United States.
Well, I was at the grocery store eyeing the fruits on the upper shelf
(which generally tend to be exotics, though sometimes perfectly
ordinary) I saw something that looked a bit like a purple passion fruit,
but not quite. I got closer to inspect. Nope, nothing I had seen before.
It had a sticker on it "Mangosteen - Imported from thailand - treated
with irradiation" so, I found one that I thought would be good. Brought
it home, and split it open. Oh, man! What I've been missing!