POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Sanity test of full installer : Re: Sanity test of full installer - installed OK after uninstall Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:23:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sanity test of full installer - installed OK after uninstall
From: Chris Cason
Date: 7 Jul 2008 06:17:40
Message: <4871ed44$1@news.povray.org>
Bob Hughes wrote:
> somewhere about them going elsewhere now. Perhaps a few months ago I had
> done a beta /install switch, so maybe that's when it started. This folder I
> was never aware of is:
>
> C:\Users\*name*\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\POV-Ray for Windows
> v3.7

I'm not familiar with this path. Certainly, the path itself isn't something
that I have coded explicitly into the app. I suspect it's a Vista 'feature'
related to redirecting modified data out of program files and into a users
local profile. If this is still occurring with the version that comes with
a installer let me know and I'll look up its meaning.

-- Chris