POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lawn Laser : Re: Lawn Laser Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:20:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lawn Laser
From: scott
Date: 7 Jul 2008 05:16:56
Message: <4871df08@news.povray.org>
> I have a fairly big yard and another lot next door that I keep the grass
> cut (almost 7 acres) ..... after a particularly warm humid day of grass
> cutting I thought it sure would be cool to have a lawn laser ..... There
> are some of you in this group that have pretty furtile imaginations so I'm
> already laughing at responses! Now keep in mind that I just want to cut
> the grass but not harm bug, birds and any other critters that might get in
> the way ..... haha ..... this might even make a good cartoonish POV scene.

I saw something once, some sort of automatic thing that goes around your
land by itself, it has some sort of positioning system so it knows where to
go, can "see" how long the grass is and of course actually cuts it.  Never
needed emptying, got it's power somehow from the grass itself, and produced
this white liquid which was ok to actually drink!