POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Paraniod : Re: Paraniod Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:23:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Paraniod
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 7 Jul 2008 04:17:19
Message: <4871d10f@news.povray.org>
"scott" <sco### [at] laptopcom> wrote in message
> > This exact policy has led most passwords in the bank I work in to be a
> > combination of a random prefix and a numerical postfix.  When it's time
> > change the password, you just increment the postfix, and done.
>
> Tried that, "Password is too similar to a previous one".  I use that exact
> system for a particular password, but this stupid system really forces you
> to invent a totally new strong password every month.

What I do is to pick a song or poem that I know well, and use 1 line of the
song each month. I'll reduce some words to just letters and replace some
letters with numbers. All I need to remember is the song, the line and what
conversion method I'm using.

Say for example Sting's song Desert Rose, I might get the following 4
passwords from the first 2 verses:

1DoR1DoGitDSand
1WiV1DoLaTRtmHand
1DoFTDaTtaHtwNTire
A1tFHSPitSoaMDesire

It's usually complex enough for most systems and it's a little easier to
remember than some made up mess.