POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Failing Gracefully... iTunes doesn't : Re: Failing Gracefully... iTunes doesn't Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:23:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Failing Gracefully... iTunes doesn't
From: somebody
Date: 6 Jul 2008 20:50:16
Message: <48716848$1@news.povray.org>
"andrel" <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
news:487### [at] hotmailcom...

> I also like the MS solution of giving the error but no retry option (at
> least unto XP). Works great when copying lots of files and after 10
> minutes one of the last ones encounters a disk full.

Ah yes, one of the truly great GUI designs. I also like the omission of "yes
to all" button, to save precious screen estate no doubt. Speaking of which,
the ellipsis were a great invention too, as are small, fixed size dialog
boxes - after all, I paid good money for my 24" screen and cluttering the
beautiful desktop background image with those ugly filenames would be a
virtual crime. On the matter of dialogs, I find it a masterful touch of
uncertainity, when one window disappears but the next takes its sweet time
to appear, that seems to be the trend with recent applications, especially
installers. Installers provide another amusing touch when they spawn
multiple windows during the process. I particularly like the non-modal ones
that cleverly hide each other due to strategic placement. It's always so
exiciting to slide over the top one and experiment with different orderings
of component installations. The hardware manufacturers are also keeping up
with the latest advances in software development. My new laptop has close to
two dozen LEDs. I don't think I'll need a Christmas tree this year. Nor do I
need a mirror, for I can shave perfectly fine staring at the screen, which,
in addition to being absolutely beautiful, was even almost readable 800 feet
down in an abandoned mineshaft, after I placed about two dozen little strips
of black tape over the keyboard and the case. One amazes at the advances in
the science of ergonomics.