POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Guilty until proven innocent : Re: Guilty until proven innocent Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:24:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Guilty until proven innocent
From: Chambers
Date: 6 Jul 2008 17:00:08
Message: <48713258$1@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle wrote:
> When I first read the subject line for this message, I thought it might
> be about what's happening to Mark Steyn in Canada's Orwellianly-named
> Human Rights Tribunals.
>
> Regards,
> John

Now, THAT is scary stuff.  A tribunal system, separate from the courts,
which only has to allege (not prove) that some crime might in the future
be committed, and has the authority to seize your property (the articles
I found mentioned computers, not sure what else they can seize) w/o a
warrant.

All paid for by the taxpayer, of course.  The claimant doesn't have to
pay a dime; of course, the defendant has to pay their full legal costs.

...Chambers