POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Formatting speeds redux : Re: Formatting speeds redux Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:20:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Formatting speeds redux
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 6 Jul 2008 14:03:46
Message: <48710902$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   I use ReiserFS for all my linux partitions.

I've not used it, but I've heard good things about it.

> Besides being journaled,
> it's more compact than many other FSs

I doubt I'd notice the difference. Heck, I don't even notice the
difference between ext2 and ext3...

What I would be curios to know is this. The traditional Unix file
permissions system allows you to assign a set of permissions to the
"owner", another set to the "group", and a third set to "everybody
else". Is there any kind of extension that allows you to assign
arbitrary permissions to individual users and/or groups beyond what the
traditional system allows? (I would anticipate the Big Problem with
attempting to do this would be that it breaks everything that expects
the old behaviour!)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/