POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fun with cryptography : Re: Fun with cryptography Server Time
7 Sep 2024 21:15:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fun with cryptography
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 5 Jul 2008 15:19:59
Message: <486fc95f@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 13:33:49 +0100, Invisible wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>
>> Ah, I see.  There are so many Jamies' in the world.
>
> And I kinda promised that if I ever have children... well, there'll be
> *another* Jamie in the world. ;-)

:-)

>> But hey, it sounds
>> like you've got at least *one* friend.  Actually, though, I know you
>> have more than that. ;-)
>
> Meh. There are people I sometimes speak to on teh interwebs. But human
> beings that I can actually go hang out with? Now that's a tiny list. :-(

Hey, the same goes here.  Offhand, I can think of about 2 people outside
of work that I will just hang out with - and they're my immediate
family.  I'll occasionally have lunch with one of my instructors or
coworkers at lunch.  Very occasionally, I'll get together with the
neighbors across the alley from us, or the ones next door to us.

>>> Seriously, Zazzle boasts that you can have your order within 24 hours,
>>> but that's only actually true if you line in North America. For the
>>> rest of the world... it takes rather a long time. :-( I wish they
>>> would set up a facility somewhere in mainland Europe...
>>
>> Seems a lot of companies operate that way.  We have a similar
>> experience when ordering DVDs from amazon.co.uk as well.
>
> Really? I usually find Amazon to be quite good...

You're not in the US ordering from a.co.uk, though.  When I order from
Amazon US, delivery time is just fine - but from the UK, it takes a while
longer.

Jim