POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A question of Style : Re: A question of Style Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:26:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A question of Style
From: Chris B
Date: 4 Jul 2008 19:22:15
Message: <486eb0a7@news.povray.org>
"Charles C" <"nospam a nospam.com"> wrote in message
> Chris B wrote:
>> My vote would go for a read-only array listing the files in the #include
>> chain. If the array is length 0 you know that the user has asked to
>> render the current file and can add a camera, lights etc. It would also
>> enable more sophisticated decisions to be made by examining the actual
>> contents of the array.
>>
> The only related change I know about so far is that POV-Ray for Windows
> now supports an 'alternate render file'.

I'd missed that. I see it's described in the thread on 3.7 Beta 20b at:
http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/thread/%3C461a2c3e@news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=277440&toff=50
 That certainly would address this particular issue for Windows users.

> I've still been dreaming of having a main_scene_file keyword, but I do
> like your array (array of strings I hope) even better.

Yes. A read-only array of strings containing the file names was what I was
thinking/dreaming of. I think this would solve this problem in a tidy little
cross-platform way.

Regards,
Chris B.