POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Paraniod : Re: Paraniod Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:14:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Paraniod
From: Invisible
Date: 4 Jul 2008 08:31:19
Message: <486e1817$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> You try coming up with a different strong password every month, *and*
> remembering it without writing it down.

...I do this every month?

I mean, I guess it depends on how strong you consider to be "strong".

> I wonder if
> security would actually be improved by removing the 1 month expiry.

Perhaps making the expiry a little longer would help.

The idea of course is that the faster the password expires, the less
time a potential attacker has to try to crack your password. (And just
in case an attacker does eventually get your password, changing it puts
them back to square one.)

So I guess it's just a question of how long is "long enough".

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/