POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Paraniod : Re: Paraniod Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:17:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Paraniod
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 4 Jul 2008 07:47:15
Message: <486e0dc3@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 12:06:01 +0100, Invisible wrote:

>>> *sigh* Human kind depresses me...
>>
>> At times it does me as well.  That's part of the curse of being smart;
>> it's easy to see how idiotic most of the populace is.  Of course, we're
>> *all* idiots from time to time.
>
> Worrying fact: 50% of the population has below-average intelligence.
> (!!!)

LOL, but mathematically sound.  More worrying is the 80% who think
they're above average drivers.

>>> Pah. Humans are so predictable. You show me a strong password, I'll
>>> show you a hidden paper note. ;-)
>>
>> You won't find a hidden paper note on *my* desk.  I do actually have a
>> background in security and systems administration, so I know not to do
>> that.
>
> Very, very few people are capable of coming up with strong passwords
> that they can actually remember.

Actually, if you teach them to use a mnemonic device to remember it, most
people actually can.  It's just that they haven't been taught how to
remember something that seems random.

>> Muscle memory is a wonderful thing.
>
> ...until you get your right arm chopped off. :-P

It's fortunate I have a brain to back it up.  I *have* actually typed
that password in one-handed - in fact, with one finger.  I may even have
done so with my nose once just to see if I could. :-P

And I actually *did* type it on a screen in front of a class of college
students, too - none of them caught it or were able to remember it.  Of
course, I told them what it was *after* clearing the screen.

Jim