POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Paraniod : Re: Paraniod Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:17:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Paraniod
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 4 Jul 2008 07:00:19
Message: <486e02c3@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 11:26:37 +0100, Invisible wrote:

>>> What's technical? The sysadmin is, by definition, God. You can't stop
>>> God from doing things. QED. You don't need to know a thing about
>>> technology to comprehend this extremely simple principle.
>>
>> You'd think so, but clearly the evidence suggests it's not that obvious
>> - otherwise they *would* have grasped it.
>
> *sigh* Human kind depresses me...

At times it does me as well.  That's part of the curse of being smart;
it's easy to see how idiotic most of the populace is.  Of course, we're
*all* idiots from time to time.

>>> Yeah, sure, but the *key* has to be stored somewhere. ;-)
>>
>> The key is in my head.  If you can extract my password from my brain,
>> you'll have proven that you *are* God.
>
> Pah. Humans are so predictable. You show me a strong password, I'll show
> you a hidden paper note. ;-)

You won't find a hidden paper note on *my* desk.  I do actually have a
background in security and systems administration, so I know not to do
that.  Oh, and it's not on the bottom of my keyboard, either, so you can
forget looking there.

The paper?  It doesn't exist for any of my passwords.  I keep them *all*
in my head.  I've got one password that I've been using for nearly 20
years (though not recently, now I think of it); > 20 characters long, and
even accidentally typed on the screen, it just looks like a random stream
of characters.  Muscle memory is a wonderful thing.

Jim