POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fun with cryptography : Re: Fun with cryptography Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:23:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fun with cryptography
From: Invisible
Date: 4 Jul 2008 04:08:07
Message: <486dda67$1@news.povray.org>
>> True. But given that it seems to be a one man project...
>
> I see. I hadn't followed it up.  No, if the author of the code is the
> author of the paper, I'd definitely go with IPSEC. :-)

It appears the report was written by somebody other than the author. But
then, comments like "OpenVPN seems to be using SSL" make me suspicious.
As does the fact that SSL and TLS both run over TCP, yet OpenVPN seems
to be using UPD. That looks like a big enough deviation from the
standard that I'm left wondering how many design decisions have been
made with potential security implications.

It's not like OpenVPN just calls the OpenSSH crypto library to do its
bidding; it looks like a complete new implementation.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/