POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Paraniod : Re: Paraniod Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:22:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Paraniod
From: Invisible
Date: 4 Jul 2008 04:03:50
Message: <486dd966@news.povray.org>
>> I've been saying that for *years*.  I'd get questions every once in a
>> while from managers wanting to keep their IT people out of files on the
>> network.  My first question was always "why don't you trust your IT
>> admins?".
>
> I see a similar question on the SQL forums all too often.
>
> How do I prevent the database administrators from seeing the
> views\procs\data in a database?
> Simple answer: You don't

Er... like, WTF?

The sysadmin has absolute power. They can do *anything*. Up to and
including completely replacing the entire OS with one that will allow
them to do whatever they want. You *cannot* prevent somebody who wields
that kind of power from doing whatever the hell they want - so they had
*better* be worthy of such trust!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/