POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Request: frame number in status and title bars : Re: Request: frame number in status and title bars Server Time
30 Apr 2024 09:48:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request: frame number in status and title bars
From: Chambers
Date: 3 Jul 2008 10:45:21
Message: <486ce601$1@news.povray.org>
Zeger Knaepen wrote:
> "SharkD" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
>> I would like to request that Povray state the frame number in an animation
>> in
>> the status bar and title bar. When I run animations, unless I keep careful
>> track, there's no obvious or trivial way to tell (without maybe digging
>> through
>> the messages window) which frame in the sequence the program is currently
>> rendering.
>
> also, I would like to request the possibility to show an approximation of
> how long the render will still take.  I know it wouldn't be accurate, but it
> might give just an idea of how long we still have to wait for our reflective
> spheres :)
>
> cu!

Actually, I bet POV could do a fairly accurate approximation by first
shooting one ray from each block, and figuring the speed based on those
tests.  That is, by sending out those test rays, it would know (roughly)
how long each block should take, and so could approximate the final
render time.

...Chambers