POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Paraniod : Re: Paraniod Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:25:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Paraniod
From: scott
Date: 3 Jul 2008 08:50:47
Message: <486ccb27$1@news.povray.org>
> Right. So... rather than store the data temporarily on a busy fileserver
> where it's completely unlikely anybody will be able to recover it in a fe
> weeks' time, you're going to permanently burn it onto CDs, which you'll
> then need to find a way to destroy?

I'd use CDs too if I were her, otherwise I wouldn't know who else was
looking at the files or where they were getting backed up etc.  At least she
can take the CDs home or burn them or shred them or whatever and be 100%
sure nobody else has used them.

Anyway, I would be more concerned, as the IT dude, exactly what sort of
files she doesn't want to have on the network.  Did you remind her that if
anything happens to her laptop she will then lose those files forever?  And
that she shouldn't be keeping personal data on company laptops ;-)