POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wall-E : Re: Wall-E Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:23:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wall-E
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 2 Jul 2008 23:06:26
Message: <486c4232$1@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle wrote:
> The story is Pixar's weakest so far.

	Don't know - Cars really failed to impress on all fronts other than the
graphics. Ratatouille (sp?) was somewhat good, but had little creativity.

> The political element is out of the Green Book of Scary Futures (the
> whole world is run by a business corporation which ruins the earth's
> environment).

	While true, it is a weak argument against it. You can throughly enjoy
the movie while ignoring this aspect of the story. It's the basic
setting, but mostly in the background.

	It's sort of like saying Saving Private Ryan is yet another WWII movie.

	I liked Wall-E. I thought it had more creativity than Ratatouille
(creating a universe of robot behavior). It had good laughs. Liked the
story - although parts of it were a bit cliched.

--
The next war will determine not what is right, but what is left.

                    /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                    anl