POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Complains about Vista : Re: Complains about Vista Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:11:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Complains about Vista
From: Warp
Date: 2 Jul 2008 10:32:32
Message: <486b917f@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:
> >   OTOH Monopoly laws of most countries would luckily prevent that.

> Why? If that's how it's sold then what would be the problem legally? Even
> if you're talking some sort of perfect system that would prevent another
> OS to be run regardless of how either the replacement OS or the system was
> altered I don't see any legal reason against it.

  Monopoly laws in most countries have been created precisely to prevent
that.

  Sure, Apple owns its own product, the iPod, and Apple sells songs for
their own product, the iPod. Naturally Apple has all the right to make
their own product to play only the songs sold by Apple? Makes sense.

  Well, no. Apple has had problems with EU monopoly laws because of that.
They must allow songs by others to be played with the iPod.

  And besides, haven't you heard of the IE lawsuits MS had to endure?
Monopoly laws in action.

--
                                                          - Warp