POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : wiki : Re: wiki Server Time
25 Apr 2024 20:02:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wiki
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 2 Jul 2008 01:01:52
Message: <486b0bc0@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 22:33:03 -0400, SharkD wrote:

> If I have time later I might bump this thread and try my hand at it
> myself (if you don't mind). I've done language conversions once or twice
> before using regular expressions. However, if I'm expected to start from
> scratch I will choose to use languages I'm more conversant in such as
> WScript (Windows only) or Lua, rather than Perl as one might expect or
> prefer.

I don't mind as long as Chris & co don't mind me providing the sources
(or if he wants to).  Chris?

What I've determined so far is that translation to wiki format should be
pretty straightforward; it's translation back to the custom markup that's
more of a challenge, because that's used to generate chm files as well as
other formats - so the information that isn't wiki-able needs to be
preserved somehow - probably in HTML comments embedded in the page.  At
the same time, it needs to be transparent for edits as well within the
wiki.  That's the underlying challenge.

awk/Perl/C/C++ are the tools I'm most familiar with.

Jim