POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Management perception : Re: Management perception Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:22:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Management perception
From: Darren New
Date: 2 Jul 2008 00:25:40
Message: <486b0344@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> No matter how many times we carefully explain to him that these numbers
> are meaningless, he *insists* on trying to extract meaning from them...

I remember seeing a joke video where the financial accounting system was
called Maiasse or something.  "I just pull numbers out of Maiasse!"

> How did somebody so stupid get to be at the top? Is it just because he
> was there when the "company" was 3 students in their dad's guarage?

Yes.

> In other words, pick a date out of thin air, and hope they can somehow
> pull it off.

"How about February 17th?"
    "If you already had a date, why are you asking me?"
"Well, um..."
    "How did you pick February 17th?"
"It's the customer's birthday."

I kid you not.