POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Remote use of POV-Ray : Re: Remote use of POV-Ray Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:21:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Remote use of POV-Ray
From: Darren New
Date: 1 Jul 2008 21:48:26
Message: <486ade6a$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> Does anyone have a suggestion for how to do this?

Remote Desktop?

Log in remotely, copy/paste the SDL file over the RDP link, run the
render, copy/paste the image file back again?

Note that Remote Desktop (both client and server) come with XP Pro (and
all higher, of course), so why this MCSE thinks it's difficult I can't
imagine. You *do* have to tunnel the RDP port (3389 I think?) thru your
NAT to your box, and you do have to enable it in control->system, but
other than that, it's really exceedingly trivial to make work. (make
sure the rdpclip service is running if you want to copy and paste files
between your local machine and your remote machine.)

The RDP client on Linux (at least the one I use) works fine too, except
I don't think it supports the rdpclip stuff, so you'd need a different
way to get files on and off. Set up the Windows FTP server, or GuildFTP?

Otherwise, doing something like setting up a web server at home you can
post a file to would do the trick.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Helpful housekeeping hints: