POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Assistance with projection simulation required. : Re: Assistance with projection simulation required. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:18:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Assistance with projection simulation required.
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 1 Jul 2008 17:53:16
Message: <486aa74c@news.povray.org>
Chris B wrote:

> Otherwise photons may be able to do what you want. I've not yet had much
> success with photons myself, so someone else would need to comment on
> whether they can be used to model how the light shining from a projector
> through a translucent image would fall on a screen.

Well, I once tried this just to see if it worked and failed,
but succeeded now after revisiting the scene ;) At least, I
got *some* image projected onto the screen, which is rather
distorted but possibly correct for the crude "setup".

For realistic projections, I think the diameter of the light
source is also important. Shooting photons from a point light
has interesting effects, such as also getting an image when
no lens is present (simply magnified version of object).

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (3 KB)