POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Management perception : Re: Management perception Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:21:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Management perception
From: stbenge
Date: 1 Jul 2008 15:21:49
Message: <486a83cd@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> There's been a bunch of emails going round from our managers recently.
> Apparently we had "a really excellent month" where our profits "vastly
> exceeded the budget".

Do you think it's possible the management might actually be encouraging
you guys to work more efficiently? I'm not doubting that you
(personally) already try your best, but there are invariably some people
who just slack off, and to make matters worse, trump themselves up to be
something great. These people always seem to fool the management for
some reason...

Anyway, maybe management is taking the high road by making you feel as
if your current effort has made a difference, so as to get the same
performance out of you in the future. If that is the case, and this
latest fleet of e-mails does not work, they may try the low road. That
means scoldings and layoffs :(

Sam