POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Remote use of POV-Ray : Re: Remote use of POV-Ray Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:18:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Remote use of POV-Ray
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 1 Jul 2008 12:34:48
Message: <486a5ca8$1@news.povray.org>

486a462c$1@news.povray.org...
> I'd like to set up my home computer such that, by using minimal software*
> on another system, I can send my home computer an SDL file, have it
> render, and retrieve the resulting image.
>
> I'm running Windows XP Pro at home.
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion for how to do this?

You could use the scheduler to launch POV-Ray at a given time, and then send
the file by FTP before the launch and get the file back by FTP too. Of
course you need to send the file at the right moment...
OTOH here's a how to with Remote Desktop
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-22_11-5362390.html?tag=rbxccnbtr1
but apparently it can be tricky.

G.