POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Management perception : Re: Management perception Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:22:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Management perception
From: Invisible
Date: 1 Jul 2008 11:50:12
Message: <486a5234$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> So... uh... WTF? It's a mad, mad world...

Woah - stop the press! Apparently we have *finally* sold site #5!

We purchased site #5 about 7 years ago. Nobody knows why we purchased
it. It has never made a profit since we bought it. It's a building
that's about 8x bigger than we need.

Initially we used one floor ourselves and rented the other floors out to
other companies. After a few years this was deemed too profitable, so we
sold the building to somebody else and then rented it. (Yes, that's
correct. We had money coming in, so we changed it to having money going
out. WTF?)

Site #5 operates in a closely-related but none the less seperate
business area. (I.e., it doesn't so what all the other sites do and what
the company is "expert in".) Most of the spiralling losses the company
has made over the last few years are completely due to this one site.
(The other sites all either break even or make a modest profit, and then
this one site makes a several-million-dollar loss which kinda cancels
everything else out.)

Rather than find some new, even less effecient way to run site #5, it
seems we just sold it. Like, a few days ago.

I am astounded. The company actually did something right. Wow.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/