POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Complains about Vista : Re: Complains about Vista Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:23:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Complains about Vista
From: Chambers
Date: 1 Jul 2008 10:39:38
Message: <486a41aa@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   (Btw, am I just being paranoid, or is one of the reasons for MS to so
> quickly stop support for XP that the music and film industry is pressuring
> MS to do so, in favor of the DRM technology in Vista? For some reason this
> oppressive DRM technology caused a furor years ago, but nowadays nobody
> remembers it anymore or talks about it. Why has everybody forgotten it?)

Because nobody buys music online?  I never will, at least.

My entire music collection (now approaching 20 gigs - I never thought
I'd get this much!) is encoded from CDs.

I'm working on encoding my DVD collection, as well.

And guess what... none of it is infected with DRM!  Eat that, MAFIAA!

...Chambers