POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Complains about Vista : Re: Complains about Vista Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:23:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Complains about Vista
From: Warp
Date: 1 Jul 2008 10:08:53
Message: <486a3a75@news.povray.org>
By the way, what *does* Vista offer over XP? Besides DirectX 10, that is.
In other words, why should anyone switch voluntarily?

  From what I have seen, the list of planned but later *dropped* features
is larger than the actual list of new features, compared to XP.

  I can't resist the urge to, once again, admire Apple as opposed to MS.
Each new version of MacOS X has been faster and lighter than previous
versions, and with new useful features. Most MacOS X users *want* to
upgrade to the later version. Usually they don't need to be forced.
(Sure, exceptions *always* exist, but this is my general impression.)

--
                                                          - Warp