POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Complains about Vista : Re: Complains about Vista Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:23:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Complains about Vista
From: Warp
Date: 1 Jul 2008 09:36:59
Message: <486a32fb@news.povray.org>
Chambers <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote:
> http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/06/30/come-back-xp-forgiven

> Is it just me, or are all these complaints about Vista the exact same
> things we heard about XP when moving from Win2k?

  There's one difference, though. When MS discontinued Win98 support in
favor of WinXP, there was no petition signed by over 200000 users sent to
Microsoft to keep the Win98 support going on. I think that's rather telling.

  Also I have the feeling that this time MS rushed the discontinuation of
the previous version of Windows in order to artificially boost sales of
the new version. IIRC when the Win98 line of Windows's was dropped, XP
was already quite stable and popular. Not so with Vista.

  (Btw, am I just being paranoid, or is one of the reasons for MS to so
quickly stop support for XP that the music and film industry is pressuring
MS to do so, in favor of the DRM technology in Vista? For some reason this
oppressive DRM technology caused a furor years ago, but nowadays nobody
remembers it anymore or talks about it. Why has everybody forgotten it?)

--
                                                          - Warp