POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Paraniod : Re: Paraniod Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:23:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Paraniod
From: andrel
Date: 3 Jul 2008 19:16:16
Message: <486D5DF6.2070905@hotmail.com>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 23:16:17 +0300, Eero Ahonen wrote:
>
>> Admins need to be people you can trust, because they actually can read
>> your files/emails .
>
> I've been saying that for *years*.  I'd get questions every once in a
> while from managers wanting to keep their IT people out of files on the
> network.  My first question was always "why don't you trust your IT
> admins?".

A manager thinks he and only he is the boss, unless it is a woman. In
which case she thinks she is the boss. I think it comes as a surprise
when they find out that other people have more access than they. And no,
they are not going to give them the same permissions. Especially if
these people are much less pays than themselves.

In our hospital the IT people have access to all rooms and labs, even
the ones that are protected with badge readers because people may be
using e.g. genetically modified organisms or dangerous chemicals there.
It is impossible to have their access restricted (or force them to get
the right qualifications to enter). So we simply have to trust them that
  they only enter in case of a real emergency, i.e one that can't be
solved by disconnecting the networkport.