POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Complains about Vista : Re: Complains about Vista Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:20:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Complains about Vista
From: Invisible
Date: 1 Jul 2008 05:35:58
Message: <4869fa7e$1@news.povray.org>
Slime wrote:

> Vista, however, seems to have problems even
> on new computers that come with it installed. My mom bought a laptop with
> Vista and has had to run system restore many times, and says it locks up
> frequently, plus other major problems. It sounds completely unuseable to me.
> That's only one case out of many, but I think there are deeper problems here
> than there were with XP.

FWIW, my dad bought me a brand new laptop as a graduation present. At
the time, XP was still quite new. The laptop crashed within 14 SECONDS
of being turned on for the very first time. This was not an isolated
event either.

As the years went by, somehow the laptop seemed to crash less and less
often. My newest PC runs XP and I don't think I've ever seen it crash at
all. Apparently the result of all the billions of bugfixes M$ pumps out
daily is that eventually, after many many years, the OS reaches a point
where it will at least run reliably.

I *still* think it wastes far too many resources though... And let's not
talk about security. [That one at least isn't 100% the fault of MS.]

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/